There is a potential severe weather situation that may cause us to reschedule our grand opening event.
We at Lost Colonies are monitoring the situation on an hourly basis at this point. We have contacted the National Park Service to get their guidance on park closure and refund policies. We will keep everyone posted with updates here and on our other Social Media pages.
Virginia has declared a State of Emergency for this storm
If an event is cancelled because of weather, either by the site being closed, or by Lost Colonies Staff deciding that the event would not be safe enough, we will notify all ticket holders and all potential customers via this forum and via our Facebook page and group.
Tickets for a cancelled event may be converted into a ticket for a future event as long as the ticket cost of the future event is the same and the future event is within the same calendar year OR in the following calendar year. Tickets for a cancelled event may also be transferred to another person for use at a future event if you cannot make use of it yourself.
Post by Joe Hines on Sept 11, 2018 12:57:14 GMT -5
I just talked to the Ranger. They had their meeting and have not yet made a local decision. There is a Regional decision that the park service may close the whole Region so the locals are waiting to hear from the Region etc...
He will be in contact with me if there are any updates.
Post by Joe Hines on Sept 12, 2018 11:58:05 GMT -5
This event is still happening. We have looked at the weather forecast extensively over the last 48 hours and it appears that the hurricane has decided to shift south away from the campsite.
Ticket Policy -- if you do not feel safe in traveling to this event, or in being at the event, we fully support you staying away. To that end, if you notify us in advance we can shift your ticket to a future event.
We ask that you notify us so that we can plan for the appropriate amount of food to purchase for the event. For those of you waiting to buy tickets, please do so now. The food purchases are happening tomorrow (Thursday) and it really will help us a ton to get an accurate count.
Full event to Day event conversion can be done as well. If you wish to do this, please let us know as well so that we can assign NPC shifts appropriately.
Thank you all for bearing with us during this uncertain weather time! I hope to see most of you at the event.